Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Oplink

Identifying and filtering duplicates

I have tryed to solve this with DAX on/off for a couple of weeks now with limited success.

I have a large table that each day is filled with subscription data by a script, sometimes the script runs twice, and create duplicate data with different timestamps (DateTime collum).

I wish to identify the duplicates and filter them out in my visuals.

Visual.PNG

My idea was to first identify if there was a duplicate entry on a given date by counting SubscriptionID, since this should be uniqe each day, adding a True/False collum called "Have Duplicate". Then I would add a True/False collum called "Is Duplicate" determing this using the "Have Duplicate" collum and setting all entries after the first DateTime as True.

Table.PNG

I can do a count on SubscriptionID just fine, idetifing if there is duplicates, but as soon as I try to use DateTime to set the "Is Duplicate" it breaks.

I have a DateTable that is related to the Date collum, and I suspect that it is the one breaking it, buy have run out of ideas to solve this.

Best Regards

Ole

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you tried selecting all the columns except the timestamp column? Do you maybe have some sample data? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to remove the duplicates, you can achieve this using Power Query. 

Select all the columns except the date column, click Remove Rows > select "Remove Duplicates"

Jef_0-1593676405477.png

It was the first thing I tried, but since they are not really duplicates, just duplicate data, with different timestamps (DateTime), havn't I been able to get that approach to work for me. 

I might be doing something wrong ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you tried selecting all the columns except the timestamp column? Do you maybe have some sample data? 

That worked, thanks alot 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.