Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

best_lina
Frequent Visitor

I lost my SharePoint online list Organization Account access after I deleted its global permission

After I cleared a SharePoint Online List's global permission under Data Source Settings in my Power BI desktop, I can't access this particular list anymore when I tried to reconnect. Please see screenshots below. Power BI only gives "Anoymous, Windows, Microsoft account" options for editing credential type. But this list is part of the organization SharePoint site that only by signing in with organization account can work. How do I regain my access to this list? Thank you! 

This is the credential edit page for the list after I deleted its global persmission. 

best_lina_1-1668710754028.png

This is normal page for the lists I didn't delete global persmissions. They work just fine. 

best_lina_2-1668710860434.png

Please help: how do I access the first list that belongs to my org. SharePoint site? 

Thank you! 

Lina 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
best_lina
Frequent Visitor

I contacted my IT support. The way they helped me solve this issue is that I signed in with my windows account (second choice on the left in the top image) and it worked like a charm. My situation is different from many people because I have a physical badge as well as password to sign in to my computer. The windows option recognizes both my Microsoft and computer credential. Thats why Windows sign-in solved it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
best_lina
Frequent Visitor

I contacted my IT support. The way they helped me solve this issue is that I signed in with my windows account (second choice on the left in the top image) and it worked like a charm. My situation is different from many people because I have a physical badge as well as password to sign in to my computer. The windows option recognizes both my Microsoft and computer credential. Thats why Windows sign-in solved it. 

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hmm - interesting.  You may need to open a support ticket with your IT department because this may be beyond the forums ability.  I have one last trick though.  Try the following setting for Authentication Browser.

DarylLynchBzy_0-1668716843338.png

I copied the exact security setting but the error remains. Thank you for your help all the same! 

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @best_lina - You will be able to use "Microsoft Account" to access the SharePoint in the top image.  Please note that the two images are not like for like.  The second is the "Web.Contents" connector.  It doesn't know that you going to use a Microsoft Account, so it has a more generic name like "Organisation Account".

Another point to consider is that you might be include too much in the SharePoint connector URL.  You need the following because the list is selected later.

https://xxxx.sharepoint.com/site/sitename

https://xxxx.sharepoint.com/site/teamname

Hi Daryl,

for the top image, this error occured when using Microsoft Account: 

best_lina_0-1668715884859.png

the SharePoint URL I used, I made sure I only kept the part before the /Lists/... 
Before I (stupidly) deleted the list's global permission, I used the same SharePoint URL and it worked fine. 

Any idea how to solve this error? Thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.