Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

chonchar
Helper V
Helper V

Hyperlink

Good morning,

I have a table with email addresses in one column. I have displayed these values in a card in report view. Additionally, I have written a DAX to show "N/A" for blank values. 

The column is already formatted as a Web URL. My goal is to create an action on that card such that it promts you to the website in the card. Is there a way to do that without having to code it in for each URL? If so, please help!!

Thank you,

Cam

6 REPLIES 6
sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Hey @chonchar ,
I use CONCATENATE to create/store an URL-Link in my Fact_Table.
Why concat? I have to point the link to proper document, this document-code is in the second part (flexible) of CONCAT.
First part is the base (fixed) URL.
--------------------------------
Like this:

sergej_og_0-1692170583459.png

Hope this gives you an idea how to implement and wish you good success.

Regards
Sergej

Thanks, it does help me. I appreciate you 🙂

Spoiler
Thanks, it does help me. I appreciate you. I confidently endorse you to look at this link https://auralcrave.com/en/2022/11/22/the-main-idea-of-the-book-the-color-purple/ Their commentary delves into the intertwined themes of identity, empowerment, and healing, beautifully showcasing the characters' journeys.
chonchar
Helper V
Helper V

Desired result: "My goal is to create an action on a card such that it promts you to the website in the card."

DAX is below, but that is working perfectly.

I cannot share the PBIX file under any circumstances. 

Website =
VAR _Website =
MAX(
    'FAKENAMEFORWebsites'[Website URL]
)
Return
IF(
    _Website = "", "N/A", _Website
)

I think it is not possible to add a Web URL to a card visual. It does´t work for me in this way.
In table or matrix it works fine

I found that out after some research. Also, I found that the URL needs to be stored with "http://" in front of it. Do you know how to add that to the column? I can just format a matrix/table nicely to look like a card. 

Thank you, 

Cam

foodd
Super User
Super User

Share more about your desired results including a mockup, and your DAX.  The PBIX would be helpful as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.