Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

simontaylor
Employee
Employee

How to take screenshots automatically from Power BI report?

The true requirement is:

1. choose one option from a slicer

2. take screenshots for two visuals.

3. Put the screenshots into different places in different slides.

4. Save the PPT for future use.

How can I achieve such a goal?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @simontaylor 

According to your description, you finally want to save the report to the PPT.
For your needs, you want to implement automatic screenshots, which can only be implemented in the report subscription, you can refer to the following documents:

Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

For you want to export to PPT, you can use Power BI's own Export to PPT, and currently support live report for export,you can refer to this:

Export entire reports to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Add a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

simontaylor
Employee
Employee

I am waiting for a new feature which will allow single visulization embed in the early 2023. That feature may really helps here if I can get it in the Q1 of calendar year 2023.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
simontaylor
Employee
Employee

I am waiting for a new feature which will allow single visulization embed in the early 2023. That feature may really helps here if I can get it in the Q1 of calendar year 2023.

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @simontaylor 

According to your description, you finally want to save the report to the PPT.
For your needs, you want to implement automatic screenshots, which can only be implemented in the report subscription, you can refer to the following documents:

Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

For you want to export to PPT, you can use Power BI's own Export to PPT, and currently support live report for export,you can refer to this:

Export entire reports to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Add a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi Aniya,

I need to take screenshot on part of the report not the whole report itself. And after receiving screenshots, I have to put the screenshots on fixed place of different slides.

Is that doable?

Thanks,

Simon

Hi, @simontaylor 

Based on my search, I'm sorry I couldn't find Power BI to implement automatic screenshots of some visuals in report.

You can put your need on Power Ideal browser:

Ideas (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.