Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

milyst_22

How to space graphs evenly

milyst_22_0-1666839162500.png

I'm trying to make a graph to show the number of applicants per industry categorized into the hiring demand. My main concern is that the spacing between the bars are really weird. Tried this first with excel and thought PBI would help, but it seems that the probelm persists

Any help would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tried that earlier, my issue is I need it to be a snapshot that shows everything in one glance (not having to do drill-downs)

My friend recommended using a stacked chart instead and it works quite well

milyst_22_0-1666841391190.png

Appreciate the answer though, thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @milyst_22 

I believe the cause is not so much the visual as much as the way the data has been structured within the visual elements.  The legend seems to have a lot of different Industries and the X-Axis has four Demand elements.  If I make the assumption that every Industry can only have one Demand rating, then there will always be gaps when using this type of graph and structuring the visual fields as they've been structured.

What I would recommend is to add the "Industry" under the Y-Axis field so theoretically you have a Y-Axis with two fields.  The first is the Demand and the second is the Industry.  Then, from there, you can use the "Expand all down one level in hiearchy" button (below) and hopefully that will make everything is evenly balanced (as long as I've understood the issue).

TheoC_0-1666840574284.png

Hope this helps.

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Tried that earlier, my issue is I need it to be a snapshot that shows everything in one glance (not having to do drill-downs)

My friend recommended using a stacked chart instead and it works quite well

milyst_22_0-1666841391190.png

Appreciate the answer though, thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.