Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sbadiger3
Helper I
Helper I

How to show values at % in clustered column chart

Hi dear community, 

I am trying to create a clustered line chart visual as shown below. Column Chart for community.jpeg

Here I want to show APP and WEB as percentages, for example for the month of april APP has 40M and WEB has 65M. I want these values to be shown in percentages. In this case, APP should show 38% and WEB 62% and so on for the following months. 

Can someone help me achieve this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Rambo92
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @sbadiger3 

Go to column Y-Axis and select percent of grand total instead of no calculation at the botton under show value as shown in below screenshot. This should show the contribution of each product in percentage.

Rambo92_0-1686567143657.png

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @sbadiger3,

Create the measure below

Percentage of Total =
FORMAT (
    DIVIDE (
        [Measure],
        CALCULATE ( [Measure], ALLSELECTED ( 'Table'[App/Web Column] ) )
    ),
    "0%"
)

In the data labels option, enable Custom label and drag the measure above to the field tile. I used the May 2023 version of Power BI. If custom label is not available, please update your version. If still not available, it may be a preview feature so enable it first.  The display units and decimal options are irrelevant as the format has been hardcoded in the measure.   Note that I had to do so as there's no option to show the measure as % although measure format is already set as such. 

Please see sample screenshot below:

danextian_0-1686566733829.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.