Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

k3rz0rg
Advocate III
Advocate III

How to return values where other column is not blank?

Hi all,

I have a measure in which it returns the sum of revenue where the sale count is not 0 and not blank and tried the following code but I don't think its working. Can somebody help me with that?

Measure = SUM([Revenue])
                  ,AND( [Sales Count] <> 0, ISBLANK([Sales Count]) <> FALSE )

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

Hi,

try something like this:

Measure = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Revenue]),not(isblank('Table'[Sales Count])),'Table'[Sales Count]<>0)

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

View solution in original post

Hi @DOLEARY85 , 
thanks for the code correction and NOT() was the keyword I was looking for hence I'm marking that as solution! 
Although even the corrected code was not working and was giving me the "A function 'PLACEHOLDER' has been used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression. This is not allowed." error. So I had to put all the condition inside the filter function (thanks to @amitchandak for the filter hint on one of his replies in the community).
FILTER(not(isblank('Table'[Sales Count])),'Table'[Sales Count]<>0))
Thanks again! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mario_ruiz
Helper II
Helper II

Can you see any error when creating this measure? Seems the parenthesis and the order of the arguments is not correct. You should use something like this:

Measure = 
IF (
    [Sales Count] <> 0 && NOT(ISBLANK([Sales Count])),
    SUM([Revenue])
)

DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

Hi,

try something like this:

Measure = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Revenue]),not(isblank('Table'[Sales Count])),'Table'[Sales Count]<>0)

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Hi @DOLEARY85 , 
thanks for the code correction and NOT() was the keyword I was looking for hence I'm marking that as solution! 
Although even the corrected code was not working and was giving me the "A function 'PLACEHOLDER' has been used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression. This is not allowed." error. So I had to put all the condition inside the filter function (thanks to @amitchandak for the filter hint on one of his replies in the community).
FILTER(not(isblank('Table'[Sales Count])),'Table'[Sales Count]<>0))
Thanks again! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.