Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rbhattacharya
Helper I
Helper I

How to get the corresponding computed amount for whole quarter based on current chosen month?

Hello,

I have a date field dropdown from where I'm chosing the current month. Based on the current month, I want to calculate a certain amount field for the whole quarter corresponding to the month chosen. For example, if I chose the month of January then I should get the amount correponding to the whole Quarter 1.

Currently I can see DAX functions like DATESQTD, TOTALQTD which essentially returns values computer to date and not for the whole quarter. This way, there is no way to know the value for the whole quarter.

Is there any way this can be achieved? Kindly help.

Regards,

Ranjeeta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rbhattacharya 

Not clear what is your issue...! but for example if you are using a slicer for the dates and dax function in a table you can simply use the "Edit Interaction" feature in the power bi desktop to stop the slicer to interact with your Dax formula

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rbhattacharya 

Not clear what is your issue...! but for example if you are using a slicer for the dates and dax function in a table you can simply use the "Edit Interaction" feature in the power bi desktop to stop the slicer to interact with your Dax formula

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Thank you aj1973. Edit interaction did the trick for me. Thank you 🙂

Hello Amine,

Thanks for the response. Let me elaborate the case I'm working on. Currently I have a date dropdown from where I'm selecting the current month. Image.JPG

Based on the current month selection, I want to show value of a particular field for that whole Quarter to which the month belongs to. For example, the value below is for whole Quarter 4 to which the month "October" belongs to and not just the month itself. 

Capture2.JPG

Is there any way to do this using DAX queries? What's the way to implement this.

Regards,

RB

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.