Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

laxmpr01

How to disable powerbi desktop loading new data while loading from api

Hi Team,

Hope you all doing great. I wanted one support from you people. it may be new or i may be not aware on this.

Now i am working on reports in power bi desktop using data from API.

In this i have one table and 2 parameter. parameter is 1.start date and 2.end date. Here i will provide start date and end date as parameter, based on this power bi desktop load the data within the range on date selected to the table. now when i share this to another person i do not want that person to load futher date data. is it possible to disable in powerbi desktop. i only want to load and nore more people load the data using my pbix file.

2 REPLIES 2
laxmpr01

Hi I am sorry if I have confused you..
Person A is a client and person B is vendor who actually creating this report.

Now when vendor creates and send the pbix file to client the client, the client should not start loading next onwards as this will be a loss for the vendor.
Assume if it is a monthly study and the data uploaded to API on monthly bases. if the client gets the pbix created by vendor and will start loading the new data from next month onwards.
if that case occures then it will be a loss for vendor.

Now lets understand thru data level.

while new pbix for perticulare study been created, then the survey data count was 500. now the client on monthly basis added new data to API on 150 each month.
then the each month vendor can load the new data and send the report to client. now the pbix is been directly sent to client, the client now himself will have this data refreshed only monthly bases.
instead this i want the client only refresh the data for the 500 records which was initially updated (incase there is a revison in the data only). and do not load the new data

Hope i am able to clarify.

vicky_
Super User
Super User

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Disable-auto-refresh-in-power-query-editor/td-p/11...

See if the above helps. Otherwise, if your dataset is uploaded to service, you can just keep it there, but never refresh it (with the downside being that the other tables in the report will not refresh)

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.