Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to assign specific users to export data

Hi all, I would like to assign specific users who can export data from table (users access via app)

The report is using RLS to assign access to dataset

Power automate is not an option here since the table is >1000 rows

May I know is there any workaround? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can set it in admin portal.

RicoZhou_0-1649057856771.png

Add specific users you want to assign export permission into the secirity groups.

Then find Export to Excel and Export to .csv in tenant setting in admin portal. Select "Specific security groups" and then enter the secirity groups in the box.

Note:

The full admin portal can be accessed by global admins and users who have the Power BI Administrator role. If you're not in one of these roles, you only see Capacity settings in the portal. 

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sammy22
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I have a dashboard with 40 users. I want to allow only a few people (5) to be able to export data from my power bi dashboard. I am struggling to find a way to do this easily. Please can someone advise?

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can set it in admin portal.

RicoZhou_0-1649057856771.png

Add specific users you want to assign export permission into the secirity groups.

Then find Export to Excel and Export to .csv in tenant setting in admin portal. Select "Specific security groups" and then enter the secirity groups in the box.

Note:

The full admin portal can be accessed by global admins and users who have the Power BI Administrator role. If you're not in one of these roles, you only see Capacity settings in the portal. 

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.