Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anmolgan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to Take values directly from Spreasheet related to Months?

I have a spreadsheet where I am adding all the values related to customer groups as per each month, now each of the values contains a method of calculating formulas, I have defined the process below:

For Example if we talk about MGTL Dealers Customer Group, first I will calculate its total overall sales as per Sales Group "Channel Sales OEM/FWS" and Customer Group "MGTL Dealers", next from my spreadsheet I will pick up the months, now I have made the relationship using Month/Year with both the tables (My main query ZSD_Mat... and Month Wise Sales), This will give me total Sales Volume for that period (Example April),

Secondly I want to multiply the value that is present in Month Wise Sales Sheet (For MGTL Dealers) for selected April Month to my above calculation (DAX should be automated so that for each month I should get these current values).

Thirdly after getting this value I want to divide the above value and my 1st values together.

Now the main problem is how can I pick up the values from the excel sheet for each of the customer groups so that they can get multiplied correctly and I can divide with 1 single formula to get to the desired results (the excel sheet is just an overview of what I have, like this I have 100 customer groups that I want to incude months of 2019, 2018, Not sure how to use Many to Many relationship here, any suggesstions will surely help me.

You can look at the sample formulas that I have used to calculate in above ways but with constant values that are not changing each month, but problem is of dynamic data which changes each month (EX:LEY POWER SER DEALER ROYALTY Measure)

Attaching my PowerBi and Excel Spreadsheet (Look for Month Wise Royalty Sheet in the excel).

Spreadsheet details: https://ifitech-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/anmol_ganju_ifi_tech/EWR3aZW2qUNEiqu9sgggyL8Bx5Falk...

PowerBi PBIX: https://ifitech-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/anmol_ganju_ifi_tech/EVLaKcU7xmhNt4UHutju6soBdQnGdP...

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anmolgan 

You may try SUMX and RELATEDTABLE in DAX.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.