Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ShaibazA1

How do we customize the pivot chart column headers based on value selected in slicer in power bi?

Hi Team,

I came across one requirement in power bi where user want to see the selected slicer value(for ex. Dept - A) , in the pivot column header - Sales (ex - instead of sales it should show A and sales values under it)

Really appreciate your help.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ShaibazA1 ,

You can submit the idea here. Users with similar needs can vote for the idea when searching the site, and when there are enough votes, the product team will consider adding it to a future release.🤗

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

johnyip
Super User
Super User

@ShaibazA1 ,

Please refer to this thread for the technique.

Solved: Re: Matrix with Dynamic Column Heading - Microsoft Fabric Community

However, please note that depending on your desired outcome / data structure, this technique may not be usable.

Please mark my post as the solution if this answers your question!
Appreciate your Kudos !!
pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @ShaibazA1 ,
It is not supported to change measure names dynamically because Power BI uses a definite name to refer to a measure. 
But you can refer to this post :-
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Matrix-column-names-based-on-slicer-selection/m-p/...
Hope this was helpful.
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi,

Thank you for taking out time for this and replying to my query above.

I think the workaround won't help as users would export the data to excel also for their further use where they wont be able to see the exact selection.

Is there any other way or Microsoft is already working on enabling this feature in near future?

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.