Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bend1234567
Frequent Visitor

How can I have slicers zoom map to the location selected (State for example) but NOT filter the map

Example:

I have a business with 1,000 shops across the US. I have the Lat/Longs of each shop in a dataset.

I have plotted all the shops on a map visual.

What I am looking for is a way to have the user input something like a State and have the map zoom into that location, but still show all shops. A normal slicer would zoom to that state but filter to only shops in the state.

4 REPLIES 4
bend1234567
Frequent Visitor

Hi BC,

I think i was unclear in my title. I adjusted it to hopefully be more clear.

My dataset is one table that has shopname, state, lat, and long as fields.

Hello 

if you are using the Map 

onurbmiguel__0-1660856085359.png

you can enable the zoom buttons: 

onurbmiguel__1-1660856127865.png

onurbmiguel__2-1660856164106.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! ;-
Best Regards
BC

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

Did I help you to answer your question? Accepted my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! 

Take a look at the blog: PBI Portugal 

Hi BC,

Thanks for your continued assistance.

Unfortunately I don't think we're on the same page.

I have a similar map I made in Google. As you can see in the image below, I searched for Phoenix, AZ and the map zoomed to Phoenix, AZ but still is showing points outside of Phoenix. This is the functionality I am looking for. I understand that Power BI probably isn't going to have a way for me to search via a free text field so I think a slicer would be the best bet.

GMapsExample.png

onurbmiguel_
Super User
Super User

hello bend1234567

Strange, is your State on the same dimension of the latitude and longitude? how do you have the relationships between these attributes ?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! ;-
Best Regards
BC

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

Did I help you to answer your question? Accepted my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! 

Take a look at the blog: PBI Portugal 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.