Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hierarchy on the x axis

Hey guys, 
I think I already asked this question, but no one really answered, so I'll try again. So basically I have got 6 different histograms connected like shown below. Now its the train times that it took to get from one station to another. What im looking for is to make graph as a one and somehow show the X Axis accordingly. The main issue is that on the X axis there is Train numbers : TR1 TR2 TR3 and etc. Now as you can see in the second histogram, it starts again as TR1 TR2 TR3 and etc. So I must keep such hierarchy on it, so I could display times properly. Is there any way to work around this? 

Gediminas12_0-1605365550455.png

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahoneypat Hi pat, my ideal visual would look like this : Its one graph and its all connected. I dont think theres an issue with having it to repeat, I just want to make it as one graph and I cant figure it out how. 

Gediminas12_0-1605366335219.png

Thanks.  That should be doable.  Can you provide a sample table with the data from that chart?  or a link to your previous post if it can be found there.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahoneypat  This is the link to pbix file: https://gofile.io/d/qPrsLJ  By benchmark you will see the idea I want to do, however, theres an issue as an instead of times over there I need to display some text and then where the Categories is 1 2 3 4 5 is I will need to display TR1 TR2 and etc and in every bit there will be the same amount of TR. So if first part has TR1 and TR2, then others will have TR1 TR2 as well. Hope im making sense here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In fact, very helpful member of this forum @PaulDBrown  made this and this is the closest to what I got to that graph, but as I said theres a few other things. 

I'm confused a little.  That By Benchmark chart looks good, and just needs to be re-created with your actual columns/measures (not in the linked file).  Visuals auto filter for combinations that exist, so if you want to show all trains in all stations (?) you will need to add rows to your data (in the query editor) for those to show.  Is that what you mean?

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahoneypat one thing that I dont get right now is how he did the benchmark underneath and numbers above, this is what I get, I get the benchmark and TR on the same line

Gediminas12_1-1605380433147.png

Gediminas12_0-1605380380548.png

The key to that is to sort by the x-axis categories and under X Axis in the visual format options, turn off Concatenate Labels.  And hit the drill down to expand all.

Regards,

Pat

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please clarify further.  What would your ideal visual look like if you could do it in 1 visual?  What is the issue with having TR1 repeat in each visual?

Regards,

Pat

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.