Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

procurtstinate
Frequent Visitor

Hierarchy Slicer custom visual not updating to new version

I am using the latest update of Power BI (Jan 2017) with a slicer that I want to use to filter by month (hiearacy level 1) and then week starting (level 2). However when I try to import the hiearchy slicer custom visual it says it is already in use in my report.

When I try to delete a custom visual I cannot see it in the list:

Capture1.PNG

When I click import and try to import the latest version of the custom visual (HierarchySlicer.0.7.9.pbiviz) I get this message.

Capture2.PNG

Clicking update does not change or add the visual in the report.

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @procurtstinate,

From the error prompt, it looks like you have imported custom visual successsfully, while the issue is that the custom visual does not show up in desktop. That is why the list of custom visual is empty when you tried to delete visual.

As far as I know, this is a known issue. Someone has submitted this issue to Microsoft, Custom Visuals are not appearing in Visualizations, you can vote it up.

Since I cannot reproduce this issue with same version of Power BI desktop (Jan 2017), please try to uninstall and reinstall the latest update of Power BI desktop to see whether issue persists.

Were you able to import the custom visual in previous version and only failed in current Jan version? Were you able to import and view some other custom visuals (you can download any one for a test from here Visuals library) successfully? If possible, please try in a different network environment to see if this issue persists? At last, you can try to run a fiddler trace and import the custom visual while fiddler is running.

Some other users came across similar issue as yours:
Custom Visuals do not show up in desktop

Desktop Custom Visuals not importing (Cant import any)

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.