Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lisannegesch
Frequent Visitor

Hi I'm trying to calculate a measure that returns 1 if there is something available in other columns

Hi,

I used to add a column in the PowerQuery Editor: 

= Table.AddColumn(, "Total", each if [lenggt] = 1 then 1 else if [width] = 1 then 1 else if [hight] = 1 then 1 else if [length] = 1 then 1 else 0)

But the dataset is so large that I want to transform it in a measure. But I can't even find the colomns when I'm trying to do so. Should I do this in a calculated column or has anyone suggestions?

Lenght

Width

Hight

Weight

Total

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @lisannegesch ,

Overtime is not mentioned in your data, you can mark the answer to this post as a solution and republish the post on how to add up this overtime, thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lisannegesch ,

For large amounts of data, measures have a better performance experience than calculated columns.

So we can create  a measure.

Measure = 
var len=MAX('Table'[Lenght])
var wid=MAX('Table'[Width])
var hig=MAX('Table'[Hight])
var wei=MAX('Table'[Weight])
return IF(len = 1 || wid=1 || hig=1 || wei=1,1,0)

Then the result is as follows.

vtangjiemsft_0-1667358336498.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Dear Neeko Tang,

Thanks for your response. This helped al lot. And it does show the expected result. But is it also possible to sum this overtime? In the table I tried to sum all the results but with this measure that's not possible (which I could've forseen but didn't think through). 

Hi @lisannegesch ,

Overtime is not mentioned in your data, you can mark the answer to this post as a solution and republish the post on how to add up this overtime, thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.