Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

IuriLinoTi
Regular Visitor

Help with dCalendar

Hi all!

I dont understando why my dCalendar is work like this.

I create this file to explain, i have this page:

IuriLinoTi_0-1714478925613.png

From left, i use Hierarchy date in both slicers and table.

Right, i use the columns outside from Hierarchy.

When i filter the slicers from left, the both tables works fine:

IuriLinoTi_1-1714479034163.png

But when i do this to slicers from right, dont:

IuriLinoTi_2-1714479068728.png

Why? This is from the same data source, but in one side is Data Hierarchy, form Date field, and another from seperate columns.

This is how my dCalendar is made

IuriLinoTi_3-1714479517305.png

let
Fonte = List.Dates (#date(2024,1,1), 365 * 10, #duration(1,0,0,0)),
#"Convertido para Tabela" = Table.FromList(Fonte, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
#"Colunas Renomeadas" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Convertido para Tabela",{{"Column1", "Data"}}),
#"Tipo Alterado" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Colunas Renomeadas",{{"Data", type date}}),
#"Dia Inserido" = Table.AddColumn(#"Tipo Alterado", "Dia", each Date.Day([Data]), Int64.Type),
#"Mês Inserido" = Table.AddColumn(#"Dia Inserido", "Mês", each Date.Month([Data]), Int64.Type),
#"Ano Inserido" = Table.AddColumn(#"Mês Inserido", "Ano", each Date.Year([Data]), Int64.Type),
#"Nome do Mês Inserido" = Table.AddColumn(#"Ano Inserido", "Nome do Mês", each Date.MonthName([Data]), type text),
#"Nome do Dia Inserido" = Table.AddColumn(#"Nome do Mês Inserido", "Nome do Dia", each Date.DayOfWeekName([Data]), type text),
#"Semana do Ano Inserida" = Table.AddColumn(#"Nome do Dia Inserido", "Semana do Ano", each Date.WeekOfYear([Data],Day.Monday)),
#"Tipo Alterado1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Semana do Ano Inserida",{{"Semana do Ano", Int64.Type}}),
#"Colunas Renomeadas1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Tipo Alterado1",{{"Data", "Date"}})
in
#"Colunas Renomeadas1"

I dont have permission to share the pbi file, but i publish in the follow link:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZGNlNjk4OTItMTEyMS00NTljLWI4MzktNDgzNTY3NDA3MTJkIiwidCI6Ijc3Z...

2 REPLIES 2
vicky_
Super User
Super User

There is nothing wrong with your data (from what I can see) - I can't see the relationships between your tables, but I suspect that is the "issue". Take a read of this article - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-relationships-understand
I don't think you need to make any changes to the model you're using - but just be cautious of which way the fitlers are going when you're writing your queries.

But i use only dCalendar, but from diferents columns.

In the left i using date hierarchy, and in the right others columns:

IuriLinoTi_0-1714646810135.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.