Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

franorio
Helper III
Helper III

Help, formula is being filtered by slicer

Hi everybody, 

I got a really silly question, one of my report changed the scope, so i need to modify some calculation, so i need your help cracking this. 

This Report goes from July 2017 to June 2018. 

what it does is to measure from a certain initial basis of people on a budget, how many of them executed a new position on this time frame (july17-June18).

4A Total = VAR selectedTable = CALCULATETABLE ( 'Listado 4A - DELFI' ) RETURN CALCULATE ( COUNTROWS ( 'Listado 4A - DELFI' ), FILTER ( 'Listado 4A - DELFI', 'Listado 4A - DELFI'[Legajo sharp] ) ) + 0

I use the above formula to get the total number of persons who should be followed along the new year.

4A Ejecutados = CALCULATE ( COUNTROWS ( 'Listado 4A - DELFI'), FILTER ( 'Listado 4A - DELFI', 'Listado 4A - DELFI'[Adherencia OPR] = "OK" ) ) + 0

And this other formula to track who was "executed" .

When looking this on a matrix without selecteing a specific month (YTD). I see what i need to see as this:

total executed ytd, total to be executed, %, and how many are pending to be "executed".

if no month selected.PNG

But the problem is when selecting a specific month. For Example if i choose September..

The formulas bring me only executions of September allways as 100%, I should see executions of September over inital basis or Total persons to be executed, and not the 4A totals filtered... For the case of Supply, for september I should see 6 from 18.. no 6 of 6...  so 4A Total shouldn't be affected by my slicer of months

september.PNG

Appreciate your help!! Many tahnks!

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@franorio,

Calculated measure value will re-calculate when selected a item on a slicer. In your scenario, you want that column to be a static value, you could create a calculated column instead. 

Reference
Calculated Columns and Measures in DAX

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@franorio,

Calculated measure value will re-calculate when selected a item on a slicer. In your scenario, you want that column to be a static value, you could create a calculated column instead. 

Reference
Calculated Columns and Measures in DAX

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.