Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

BijoyAK
Frequent Visitor

Help - dependent filters with same items

Hi All,

I have a master table like below,

Customer_ID

Channel_1

Channel_2

Channel_3

Channel_4

Y

N

Y

N

N

Y

N

Y

N

N

Y

Y

Y

Y

N

N

Y

Y

Y

Y

N

Y

N

N

Y

N

Y

Y

N

Y

Y

N

Y

N

N

Y

Y

N

Y

N

What I need is a view where a user can prioritize channels using four slicers as given below,

Picture2.png

For illustration purpose I have created 4 tables with same data and used Slicer filters to restrict list items, but I want it to be dynamic like once the user selects a channel in "Priority 1" then that channel should not be there in the subsequent slicers and so on. How to achieve it?

Also, once the user completes all selections; it needs to link back to master table in such a way that in a table view it should show the "Customer_ID"s after filtering the data in the same order as user selection. For example, if user selects Priority 1 is "Channel 4" then it should apply filter as Channel_4=Y in the master table and Priority 2 is "Channel 3" then Channel_2=Y in the master table and so on. Result will be Customer_ID=5 in this case.

How to do this? 

Any help on this is much appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BijoyAK ,

Based on my test, it is unsupported to achieve your requirement if create four slicers. Using the Unpivot feature and then create single slicer is a kind of alternative method, and you may have a try.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BijoyAK ,

You may enter into Query Editor,  select on the columns [Customer_ID], right click to choose option "Unpivot Other Columns" . Then you may rename the result column Attribute with "Channel", don’t forget to click button "Close & Apply".

Best Regards,

Amy 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@BijoyAK , you need to unpivot data.

https://radacad.com/pivot-and-unpivot-with-power-bi

What is objective of channel priority

Hi Amit,

By unpivoting we can have all channells in a single column and it will be easy to make a slicer with all channels in it. I understand this part. But creating 4 slicers with same items and eliminating items from subsequent slicers according to the selections made is the part I am not clear about. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Hi @BijoyAK ,

Based on my test, it is unsupported to achieve your requirement if create four slicers. Using the Unpivot feature and then create single slicer is a kind of alternative method, and you may have a try.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Thanks for the reply Amit !

The final objective of this is population a table like this,

Mutually Exclusive Customer Counts (Based on Channel Priority)
Channel_45
Channel_33
Channel_21
Channel_11

I hope this clarifies your query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.