Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tzimmerman
Regular Visitor

Help creating measure between two tables

I have 2 tables and I am looking to calculate the total calls and total time available, but my current formulas are not giving the correct totals

I have Daily Agent Activity and Reservation Statisitcs - related through a date table - many to one

I have Daily Agent Activity and Reservation Statisitcs - related on the Agent ID column (inactive - I get an error message that a relationship with date table is active).

I am looking to include the total talk time from the daily agent activity on the Reservation statistics matrix visual in addition to calculate the revenue per hour based on the talk time from Daily Agent Activity and Revenue Booked from the Reservation Statistics table

relationships.png

3 REPLIES 3
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @tzimmerman 

You need to add a bridge table between Reservation Statistics and Daily Agent activity to create 1 to many relationship and then your model will be working like a star schema.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

AS I am pretty new to power BI, how does one createa bridge table? 

Hi @tzimmerman 

Please have a look at this doc.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/relationships-many-to-many#relate-many-to-many-d...

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.