Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help calculating daily average

Daily Average Sales= 
AVERAGEX(KEEPFILTERS(VALUES('LNApps_AppDateDim'[ActualDate])),CALCULATE(SUM('LNApps_Facts'[Total_Sales])))

I am trying to get the daily average sales, but the numbers the formula is giving me above is not giving me the right numbers. Is there any way to have this formula find the amount of days in any month and divide the total sales by that number? Also with that, is there a way to not count weekends in a month? 

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Average-Daily-Spend-by-Month/m-p/179014#M78344 This thread seems to have this formula that is close to what I am after. 

average = Var currentmonth=MAX(Table[Month])
RETURN 
IF(
	FIRSTNONBLANK(MAX(Table[Month]),1)=currentmonth,
	Table[Average_Current],
	CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Table[price]),FILTER(Table,Table[Month]))

)

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can create a calculated column to return weekday, then create a measure use AVERAGEX() function: 

WeekDay = WEEKDAY('Table1'[Date],1)

DailyAverageExceptWeekends = AVERAGEX(FILTER(ALL('Table1'),'Table1'[WeekDay] <> 7 && 'Table1'[WeekDay]<>1 && MONTH('Table1'[Date])=MONTH(MAX('Table1'[Date]))),'Table1'[Sales])

q3.PNG

For more information, you can download attached pbix file for a look. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still looking for help on this

Hi,

Try to create expression table using SUMMARIZE function within AVERAGEX (in first parameter) that contain the granularity by months.

Example: if your facto_table shows sales day-by-day, so you should create new table (within averagex) with SUMMARIZE function that contain sales agregated by months only.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.