Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

thomaskelly
Helper I
Helper I

Help Needed with Date Measure

Hello

I really need some help with this one.

I have a table with sales order information taken direct from a SQL database. The orders have a due date coloum. I want to count all of the orders where the due date has passed todays date .  so any orders with a due date of yesterday will be counted but orders with a due date of tomorrow will not.

Can this be done ?

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
magsod
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

There are several ways to do this and it all depends on how your table is structured, how you plan on using your meassure and so on...

For example if all your rows in the sales order table corresponds to separate orders and all you want to do is to get an count of the orders that has passed due date the simple meassure like this will work:

Orders past duedate = COUNTROWS(FILTER(Orders,Orders[DueDate]<TODAY()))

But I guess there will be other factors to consider as well but without knowing more about your specific case...

Br,

Magnus

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
magsod
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

There are several ways to do this and it all depends on how your table is structured, how you plan on using your meassure and so on...

For example if all your rows in the sales order table corresponds to separate orders and all you want to do is to get an count of the orders that has passed due date the simple meassure like this will work:

Orders past duedate = COUNTROWS(FILTER(Orders,Orders[DueDate]<TODAY()))

But I guess there will be other factors to consider as well but without knowing more about your specific case...

Br,

Magnus

Hello Magnus

Thanks for responding. that is exactly the soloution i was looking for.

Very  much appreciated .

and have a great day Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.