Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jimbobobwalker
Frequent Visitor

Help Creating a Measure from one table by Partner to Match another Table

I have two transaction tables, at first I created summary tables off both and created my calculations I needed from that, this visual is correct, its filtered by Partner field and comes from my RER_SUMMARY table, the field highlighted is from my OB_SUMMARY table, I was able to use that field in my RER_SUMMARY table to do all my Rate calculations by using the RELATED function:

jimbobobwalker_0-1713453248787.png

jimbobobwalker_1-1713453468313.png

So in order to have more robust visual I read that I should create measures instead so I went thru and created all the measures that I had created in my RER_SUMMARY table from the original RER_ACH_RETURNS table the problem is all my rate calculations are off becuase my base filed used in all of them is summing up all the Accepted Debit Entry Counts in the OB_ACH_ORIGINATED table and I need it to sum an match by the PARTNER in the two tables I tried this calculation that is highlighted in yellow, the highlighted in green are my numerators and the one in red is my denominator:

jimbobobwalker_3-1713454234186.png

In the visual I tried bringing in the Partner field from both the OB_ACH_ORIGINATED table and the RER_SUMMARY table and filtering by Partner but that didn't work, the whole column is the total of all partners in the OB_ACH_ORIGINATED and not just the one I filtered by:

jimbobobwalker_4-1713454569288.png

Any help would really be appreciated. thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jimbobobwalker 

Based on the information you provided, the following is the case description: The measure value is not affected by Filters on this page.

But since I don't have your data I can't reproduce your formula. Could you please provide me with some sample data and the desired results based on these sample data? That would be very helpful. How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jimbobobwalker 

Based on the information you provided, the following is the case description: The measure value is not affected by Filters on this page.

But since I don't have your data I can't reproduce your formula. Could you please provide me with some sample data and the desired results based on these sample data? That would be very helpful. How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.