Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Giovan
Frequent Visitor

Group Paginated report months disappearing

Hi all, 

I am very new here.

I have a set of data showing call volume year to date.

I have created a table grouping month, the problem is that I have been requested to show all months of the year, but because I have no data the months simply disappeared.

Is there a way to show in the table all months (Jan - Dec24) and those without data showign zero instead of simply disappearing?

The formula for calls is as follow =Sum(Fields!CallAnswered.Value). I did try Isnothing or =Sum(Fields!CallAnswered.Value)+0 but nothing. The future months for example Apri24 are not showing.

Thanks

Giovanni

2 REPLIES 2
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Giovan ,

Can you please try this code?

=IIF(IsNothing(Fields!CallAnswered.Value), 0, Fields!CallAnswered.Value)

If this doesn't work, can you provide some sample data?

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dao,

thanks for the speedy response bu tdid not try.

I thin the problem lay on the grouping. currently i am using call received month from the same table, but because there are no calls yet for future months such April24 etc, I get no months showing from Apr 24 to Dec24.

In Power BI you can simpyl select show month with no data but it seems that this option is not available in Paginated Report.

I have also tried to add a new Calendar Table but this seems to replicate the same values across all months, and I know the reason is because the relation is missing, but again you can do this very simple in Power BI but Paginated seems it does for you but not this time and I cannot find a way to do it myself.

so lets say we have

20 call in Jan 24

25 calls in Feb 24

45 calls in Mar 24

how can i show a table (like an excel table) showing column with all months (from Jan to Dec24) and those without data zero or even blank?

I want to screate this (this is excel version)

Giovan_0-1710405466851.png

but with current formula and one data set I get this (paginated report), the other months vanish !

Giovan_1-1710405518654.png

goign crazy looking endless videos 

Thanks

Giovanni

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.