Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GilesWalker
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Get data folder issue

Hi everyone,

I have used the new get data / folder option with .CSV files and it has worked perfectly. However when I tried it with a .XLSX it kept having issues when I clicked the button to perform the function of combining binaries. The error came up that it couldnt recognise the file type. I then saved the reports into .CSV and they worked.

The data is a simple table with 14 columns and each document has roughly 32 rows with cells containing either a date or text.

Has anyone else had this issue or is this function limited to .CSV?

Thanks,

Giles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Take a look at my blog post on this topic. http://exceleratorbi.com.au/combine-excel-workbooks-power-query-method-2/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Take a look at my blog post on this topic. http://exceleratorbi.com.au/combine-excel-workbooks-power-query-method-2/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

@MattAllington - you are a PowerBI genius.  Those posts are magical.

Thanks all.  Glad it has been helpful 🙂

Thanks @MattAllington, your explanations are very helpfull.

Thanks @MattAllington your walk through worked perfectly thanks for the help.

Giles

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.