Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PoweRRob

Get Data from Web | how do I add information?

Hi!

Today I tried the "Get Data from Web" function for the first time and it actually works very well. However, I can't figure out how to add some extra labels to the data.

In this case, I loaded in some information (price increase/decreased) for six different stocks. I loaded them in one by one - as their information is on different pages of a website - and then combined the queries. So far, so good. 

However, I want to include the name of the stock in the table. It is not in the table that i load from the website, but i can't find a way manually add it to the table. To clarify, i want to get the names (Stock A till F) in the colom 'Names'. I can't make it happen, for some reason.. I'm probably missing something very obvious, but i can't get my head around.

Thanks in advance!

power_BI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PoweRRob,

Since you said you can add them manually, I would suggest you try as the snapshot shows.

1. Add an index due to we can't identify the rows programmatically.

2. Add a Conditional Column with as many rules as you want. 

Get_Data_from_Web_how_do_I_add_information

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PoweRRob,

Since you said you can add them manually, I would suggest you try as the snapshot shows.

1. Add an index due to we can't identify the rows programmatically.

2. Add a Conditional Column with as many rules as you want. 

Get_Data_from_Web_how_do_I_add_information

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Worked perfectly, thank you!Smiley Happy

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, if each page is a stock name then in each query add a new custom column and just make the column equal to "Stock A" for the first one, "Stock B" for the second one, etc. Make sure all of the new columns that you add to each query are named identical. Then, when you combine them (I'm assuming an Append Query) then these new columns should come through as well.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.