Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kuldeepjain
Frequent Visitor

Generate a Table using DAX for filtered data displayed on a table visual

Hello All, i am trying to model the dynamic version of Weibull distribution. i have made it for a set of data but i need help to make this dynamic. 

Let's take a case: We have a data model built and I have made a report with a table visual from this data model. This visual has three columns, named "A","B", and "C" coming from measures. it has dynamic numbers of rows based on the selection of slicer and filters. Now I need a DAX calculated table generated from this table visual so that further analysis can proceed. 

if this is not possible with measures value, 

Is this possible in the case of table columns?  I have a huge table and I need to filter the subset based on filters and slicers and with filtered data, I need to apply ranking and other calculations to perform Weibull analysis

6 REPLIES 6
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @kuldeepjain ,

you ask for a lot without taking the time to provide a pbix containing sample but still reflecting your data model (tables, relationships, calculated columns, and measures).
Take the time to create the pbix, upload the pbix to OneDrive, google drive, or dropbox and share the link. Make sure that no loign is required. If you are using Excel instead of the manual input method to create the sample data, share the xlsx as well (this is required to adapt the data model if necessary).
Describe the expected outcome based on the sample data you provide.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hello Tom, I have uploaded the sample file and data. Please help.

Thanks for the Quick response. The data is coming from data flow and due to data confidentiality, the original file is not shared. thus I think I will require to make a sample PBIX for this experiment. I will come back as suggested. 

However if possible let me know whether the wish is legitimate and table visual data can be made available in the calculated table.

The sample File is attached. PowerBI_Help_SampleData. The problem statement is mentioned in the file. 

it seems there is no solution to this problem.

Hey @kuldeepjain ,

are you aware of this article: https://courtneywilliams561.medium.com/power-bi-calculate-slope-using-custom-dax-ded65f97f34

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.