Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TomSinAA
Helper III
Helper III

Gantt Percent Complete formatting to line

I am using the Gantt chart visual from Microsoft.  Name: Gantt 2.2.3. Id: Gantt1448688115699.  I added the completion percent but it displays as a darker color bar within the start date to end data bar.  How do I get the percent complete to display as a line rather than a bar.

5 REPLIES 5
kenwilsonii
Frequent Visitor

This used to be a line rather than a fill color for Gantt visual from microsoft. The problem is that it is hard to tell if an activity is at 100% or zero percent. They need a better way to do this. I also found out that same item cannot be a resource and on the legend at the same time this causes the legend to become a single color.

I can't get duration to work either , it is like nobody tested the changes they made to this visual

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @TomSinAA 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?
If it is,  please mark the helpful replies or your reply as Answered to close this thread?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @TomSinAA 

Is this  the situation  you describe ?
Actual result:

31.png

Excepted result:

32.png

If it is,  I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now. For your requirement , you can come up with a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner. 

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/search?filter=hot&oauth_consumer_key=ouzRGL9r... 

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380765?src=office&tab=Reviews

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

No, it's not that situation.  I want to get the progress to display as a line within the bar.  See picture below:PBI -2 .PNG

Hi, @TomSinAA 

Sorry  that I haven’t found any similar settings in the format of the Gantt chart visual ( version 2.33 I am using).

84.png

It may not be supported currently.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.