Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Shackwell
Helper III
Helper III

Filters by month

Hello.

I have a database involving some costs from 2020 and I was considering the following. I want to filter by month for some analysis in my 2020 database. So how could I do for example filter with a measure to only select information up to August 2020?

Thank you for your time,

3 REPLIES 3
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Shackwell 

Not too clear what you mean, do you want to filter the data in the database or in the power bi. Better have an example here to let us know what kind of measures you need, and if you can describe in detail what you want to achieve, maybe I know some relevant information.

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Shackwell , Use a slicer

or measure like 

LMTD =
var _min = eomonth(today(),-2)+1
var _max1 = today()
var _max = date(year(_max1),month(_max1)-1, day(_max1))
return
CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Date] >= _min && 'Table'[Date] <=_max ) )

It kind of needs to be a measure so I can do calculations with another columns. I am rather new in the segment of measures. Any chance I could get a detailed explanation on the formula?

Just a brief explanation of the concepts used in there.

Thank you,

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.