Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kyrpavAD
Regular Visitor

Filtering pages from visuals selection (no slicers or hidden slicers, drill though problem

I would like to use a page with graphs and then use the selections on this page (could be different on different visuals) to see some data in a table in another page which should keep the filters. Again no slicer is used.

1. Is there any way to do it directly?
  2. With drill through i have the issue that when i come back the selections are not preserved
  3. I was thinking to use slicers that sych everywhere but are not shown anywhere. In this case my problem is that selection on visual does not filter/update the slicer.
    1. Like if i have list of A-F values in a chart in x with calculated a sum of whatever data lets say sum of people with these grades in y, and a selection to on grade does not reflect to a slicer that the grade list is there
    2. If on top of this i have a second visual with numbers of users (on y axes) by gender (x axes) you can imagine that you can do double filter first F grade and then Male users and continue with other visuals. In this case 2 slicers should be filtered.
    3. If i have the slicers updated-not shown in any page and synched to all pages then with simple page navigator could i make the same functionality?

Could anyone give answeres to these cases how can i achieve them?

4 REPLIES 4
kyrpavAD
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your response. 

In the case of drill through yes when you make multipuple selections with the keep filters on you can drill through but with one limitation:

In order to drill through you have to go to a visual right click and drill, you can not have a generic button to do it cause when you make the second selection it seems that the button does not work and it asks for single selection.

In other case my problem there was on the return/back functionality from the drill through page back to the filtering page and here when i go back all the selections in the first page are gone so i can not just readjust them , i have to redo all of them.

Hi @kyrpavAD ,

Would sync slicer be helpful to you in this matter?

You can sync a slicer and use it on any or all pages in a report.

Please try to combine drill through with sync slicer. Hope this could give you some help.

For more details, please refer to:

Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

is is possible that you have a walk through? The link is the general filter. How this could be applied you mean that the user selects on visuals and then tries to drill though to go on slicers? and then what to change and see data on another page? Probably i am missing something.Also drill through does not work on multy selections with button only if you make keep filters on and you drill through the last filter that you want to apply.

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kyrpavAD ,

You can set up drillthrough to pass all applied filters to the drillthrough target page. For example, you can select only a certain category of products and the visuals filtered to that category, and then select drillthrough on a source. You might be interested in what the drillthrough target page would look like with all those filters applied.

To keep all applied filters, go to the destination page. In the Drillthrough section of the Visualizations pane, set Keep all filters to On.

When you then drill through on a visual on a source page, the temporary filters that you applied to the source visual are also applied to the drillthrough target page. In the Drillthrough section of the Visualization pane, those transient filters are shown in italics.

For more details, please refer to:

Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.