Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

bds00
Frequent Visitor

Filter data dynamically based on customized calendar on a particular visual only

Hi,

I came across a requirement from my client that the data must change every month on a particular visual on first of every month, but the date on which it should update next month's data is not based on the regular calendar but is based on a particular calendar that their company follows

The "Filter on the visual" option does not work fine for this particular scenario since the functionality works based on the regular calendar (It updates data on the first of every month). 

The choice of filtering data with the help of a slicer for month and year is eliminated (since it shows historical data as well).

So now, how do I update the data based on their calendar? Is it possible to make this requirement work on PowerBI?

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
bds00
Frequent Visitor

Yes, the transition to new month happens every first Sunday. 

bds00_1-1675849276105.png

ADPowerBI1
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Create a date hierarchy using that column as your month. Should work if you already have the month number mapped out in a column

ADPowerBI1
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It is possible but we'd need more info on what their calendar rules are. for example, does their month start the first Monday after the 1st?

If we could get more information, maybe some screenshots of how your calendar/datetable is set up then i'm sure we can get a solution. 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.