Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TheBIGuy_PBI
Helper II
Helper II

Filter based off of what's chosen on the page....

Hi, I have a page with multiple tables, each being a top N list, and a slider that controls how many top N items on the page.  I also have a filter on the page that filters the same records but that filter is based off of the table where the data in the top N list is populated from.

My filter is incompatible with the tables on the page because where the grids on the page show top 10, top 100, etc.. whatever count the user chooses from the slider, the filter is based off the original table, so the filter wants to show more records than the data in the table that is based off of the slider.

My question is, instead of basing the filter off of the table only, how can I change it so that the filter is based off of what is being filtered by the user, as a result of the slider? It's useless to have a filter show everything in a table, where the top N list on the page shows only the top 10, 20, etc.

1 REPLY 1
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @TheBIGuy_PBI ,

Have you tried looking at the what-if parameters in Power BI?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-what-if

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.