Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

FUNMCT
Regular Visitor

Filled Maps, how to get locations with null value to NOT be filled in Conditional Formatting

FUNMCT_0-1707940095214.png

FUNMCT_1-1707940140906.png

FUNMCT_2-1707940177631.png

As you can see from the snippets when I chose the "Don't format" option in the How should we format empty values? drop down, it returned the states with null values having the filled color of the maximum value(green). I also tried the "As zero" option and that made those states with null values to therefore take the filled color of the minimum (light red). The remaining option is to set the null values as a specific color which I ended up doing as a workaround, setting it to white which does not exactly map with other parts of the world that are not part of the data but show in the map. However I want to know, shouldn't the "Don't format" option show the null-value states in the map as non-formatted?

Any assistance on this will be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
FUNMCT
Regular Visitor

Thanks, @amitchandak for your effort and response! However, isn't the point of the option in the conditional formatting, is to ensure that states in my total revenue by states table that have a blank value for total revenue have the option to appear with no formatting? 

You also mentioned that my measure should make it 0 or empty in string format. I don't think I understand that.

The other workaround I have done was to add a Filter on the visual for Total Revenue is greater than 0.   

FUNMCT_0-1708007048304.png

I am trying to understand the purpose of the "How should we format empty values?" and what does it apply to.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@FUNMCT , I tried with both zero and do not format, And it did not color for me.

amitchandak_0-1707972963199.png

Make sure, their state does not appear in the table if it has a blank value. Your measure should make it 0 or empty in string format 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.