Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

IvanMislav
Helper I
Helper I

Facebook page insights with Power BI - Datachant

I'm trying to make report like this one that is explained on this blog page: http://datachant.com/2016/02/10/facebook-page-insights-with-power-bi/

I have a problem on the step when I need to make a reference table Brand Results. Instead of column with Tables which contain Insight names, Period, Value, etc... i get Errors.

Capture1.PNG

Even when I downloaded original .pbix file from the link in the post I get the error message saying : Formula.Firewall: Query 'GetInsightsByPage' references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.

Does anyone know what could be the problem here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IvanMislav,

Based on my test in Power BI Desktop version 2.38.4491.282 follow the link you mentioned, I can successfully create a reference table Brand Results and finish the report like author's, you can download attached .PBIX file. I would suggest you check if M query of GetInsightsByPage and expression of Add Custom Column are the same as below:

a0.PNGa1.PNG

In addition, the error message "Formula.Firewall: Query 'GetInsightsByPage' references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination." is caused by that when we combine between a function query and a second query that contains a reference, Power BI Desktop fails to understand the origin of the Data Sources. To work around the issue, please turn off the Privacy Levels checks like below:

a3.PNGa2.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IvanMislav,

Based on my test in Power BI Desktop version 2.38.4491.282 follow the link you mentioned, I can successfully create a reference table Brand Results and finish the report like author's, you can download attached .PBIX file. I would suggest you check if M query of GetInsightsByPage and expression of Add Custom Column are the same as below:

a0.PNGa1.PNG

In addition, the error message "Formula.Firewall: Query 'GetInsightsByPage' references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination." is caused by that when we combine between a function query and a second query that contains a reference, Power BI Desktop fails to understand the origin of the Data Sources. To work around the issue, please turn off the Privacy Levels checks like below:

a3.PNGa2.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks,

The problem was that I copy-pasted the " & facebookPage " from the blog site, and it was the wrong type of quotation mark. After I changed it, it was fine.

The facebook API connector in Power BI needs to be updated by micorosft. it's currently using V2.2 of the Facebook API....*facepalm*

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.