Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Aydeedglz
Helper V
Helper V

FROM DAX TO CODE M POWER BI

Hi,

I am trying to move a formula from DAX to Trasnform data, but I am only getting errors, can anyone help me to convert it? This is my formula. What is the way to represent this in Query Editor? I don't have that much because is always an error, thanks

Original formula 

TOP_CurrentFuturePaid = IF(DAY(TODAY())<=SEM_TRX_ALL[ClosingWd],
    BLANK(),
    CALCULATE(
        SUM(SEM_TRX_ALL[Group_Currency_Amount__c]),
        SEM_TRX_ALL[akritiv__Status__c]<>"Open",OR(SEM_TRX_ALL[a_RevisedDocumentCategory]="Invoice",SEM_TRX_ALL[a_RevisedDocumentCategory]="Credit note"),
        FILTER(SEM_TRX_ALL,SEM_TRX_ALL[a_UltimateDue]>TODAY()&&SEM_TRX_ALL[a_UltimateDue]<=EOMONTH(TODAY(),0))))

Power Query
IF([Today Date Format]<=[ClosingWd],"",............
2 REPLIES 2
Syk
Super User
Super User

I asked ChatGPT your question exactly.. I'm curious if it will work for you!

let
    today = DateTime.LocalNow(),
    closingWd = SEM_TRX_ALL[ClosingWd],
    isTodayBeforeClosingWd = Date.Day(today) <= closingWd,
    filteredTable = Table.SelectRows(
        SEM_TRX_ALL,
        each [akritiv__Status__c] <> "Open" and (
            [a_RevisedDocumentCategory] = "Invoice" or [a_RevisedDocumentCategory] = "Credit note"
        ) and [a_UltimateDue] > today and [a_UltimateDue] <= Date.EndOfMonth(today)
    ),
    topCurrentFuturePaid = if isTodayBeforeClosingWd then null else List.Sum(filteredTable[Group_Currency_Amount__c])
in
    topCurrentFuturePaid

The M query language is a functional language that operates on data in tables. In this code, we define some variables at the beginning (today and closingWd) and then use them in subsequent steps to filter and transform the SEM_TRX_ALL table. We use Table.SelectRows to filter the table and then use List.Sum to calculate the sum of the Group_Currency_Amount__c column.

Note that the M query code assumes that SEM_TRX_ALL is a table in the current Power Query environment. You may need to adjust the code to match the name and schema of your actual data source.

Hi, thanks for the help! But is not working 

Aydeedglz_0-1678484481257.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.