Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Kumar11109
Helper IV
Helper IV

Extract data from PowerBI

Dear All, 

I need to extract data from power bi, but I need to that without sampling of data occuring. Please help me. If R can be ustilised then I am sending you the code that I wrote by reading a blog. But it is showing a very long error. I have never used R. 

Thank You, Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kumar11109,

According to the error message, you may need to firstly install the 'gdata' package with R Studio(or other R GUI tools), in order to run the r script in Power BI Desktop. Here is an article about how install R Studio and R packages for your reference.

Note: There is also a limitation for using R in Power BI that data used by the R visual for plotting is limited to 150,000 rows. If more than 150,000 rows are selected, only the top 150,000 rows are used and a message is displayed on the image.

In addition, here is the idea for increasing Export Data Limits. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft

But I have already installed R Studio, and required gdata package. But it still showing this message?? :-C

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.