Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to Excel Power BI report

Hi 

I have created Power BI report which looks like following one. I am using matrix visual to show data wherein I am showing Employees on rows and Year, Month on columns. But when I am exporting this report into excel, exported report in excel is not showing up same as matrix report however all months are also coming on rows. Is it possible to export the report exactly same as Power BI matrix report ?

PBI_Issue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous unfortunaltey not, it converts it into table. check on ideas forum if there is a idea for it (i think there is one) and vote for it. if not then create new idea.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

There is a way if you really want to. You need make your report in one page where you can see all your data. Then export to pdf. It is okay if your font size will be small. After exporting to pdf, convert it to excel using online tool.

It requires an effort but worth it if you really need it.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous unfortunaltey not, it converts it into table. check on ideas forum if there is a idea for it (i think there is one) and vote for it. if not then create new idea.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks !!

Hi @Anonymous 

Kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution to close this thread.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.