Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aqsa31
Helper II
Helper II

Exclude records where date is null when filtering by date range

I have a date range like this 

aqsa31_0-1697444084834.png

I want to see the list of all courses (in a matrix table with information like Course, Email, Assigned at, Started at etc ) that were started within that specific time frame but the issue is when I apply the dates the table and the matrix also display the rows where the started at is null, how can I make sure that the filtering is being done right? I have multiple date columns in my table (Around 3) that I am using as a filter 

PS: I want the rows with the null dates (started at and other dates) in the table, just not when a filter is applied 

For the selected date range as shown above 

the result should be 

aqsa31_2-1697444949889.png

aqsa31_0-1697444906986.png

but the result I am getting is 

aqsa31_1-1697444927199.png

and the course count is 4 as well, where as it should be 2. 

4 REPLIES 4
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @aqsa31 
You can simply select all then uncheck the blank box like below under filter on visual.
" In your case please select the date in visual filter"

Uzi2019_0-1697451915868.png
I hope I answered your question Please give Kudos and accept it as a solution.
Thanks!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

You missed this point 

"PS: I want the rows with the null dates (started at and other dates) in the table, just not when a filter is applied"

I want those rows in the table just not when a date filter is applied like in this case 'Started at'. So when no date range is selected the table SHOULD have the rows where any date is null as well. 

Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @aqsa31 
can you give proper input and output screnshot?
what exacty do you want?
how many tables and filter are there? how they are related. Give proper example.It would be easier for us to understand you requirements.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Hi @Uzi2019 I have updated the post, it's just one table with all the information in it 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.