Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Essbase Connector

I am attempting to connect Essbase, and getting the following error:

Unexpected Error

The Underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You may check if the following post helps.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Essbase-Beta-Connector/td-p/586109

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already viewed that thread.  That is the URL I am using, but still no success.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can connect to the admin server.  I see it as a folder, but nothing happens when I click it.   

ebpbi.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also been looking for information on this, but I am not sure if this is an issue on missing user permissions or settings on the Essbase side. Unfortunately, there is not so much technical info on the Microsoft side as to state something like "in order for this Essbase connector to work, you X, Y, and Z; otherwise you cannot connect". Has anybody else been successful on getting connected to Essbase?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?  I am also able to connect but the folder has nothing in it.  Essbase is running in a distributed environment. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to connect using the server that EAS is on. However, I do not see any cubes in the navigator.   EAS is on a different server than essbase

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.