Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

franzyao
Employee
Employee

Error when using "Show as saved image" in PPT

Hi team,

Nothing is displayed when saving as using "Show as saved image" in PPT. Meanwhile, the Power BI Add-in is also not displayed well in the slide navigation on the left hand.

Everything is good when I insert a Power BI add-in and it is live data. However, it is not displayed in the slide navigation on the left hand. When exporting the whole PPT as PDF, it is also not displayed. When clicking "Show as saved image", it is also not displayed.

When turning off/deselecting "Show as saved image", it's back to normal.

This is how it's displayed in navigation.

franzyao_0-1699921572366.png

This is how it's displayed when showing as saved image. But when turing off the show as saved image, it's good.

franzyao_1-1699921596053.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
franzyao
Employee
Employee

Issue fixed by updating to latest PPT, althrough the version number is the same...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
franzyao
Employee
Employee

Issue fixed by updating to latest PPT, althrough the version number is the same...

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@franzyao , I tried and able to save as image

amitchandak_0-1699963554965.png

Signout and sign in again and try

I tried and it failed. I have also restarted the computer but it doesn't work either.

I have been using the same PPT and inserting the same Power BI report for a few months. Everything went well but it suddenly failed about a week ago. When I check the Power BI Add-in in slide, it's fine. But nothing is displayed in the navigation or when I export it as a PDF.

I am pertty sure that the report and the PPT were not changed/updated but only refreshed during these days. So, I am wondering if any updates from Power BI Service lead to this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.