Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JaSpz
Regular Visitor

Error when creating calculated column: The model doesn't have a column named Column on table .

Hi,

I've encountered a recurring error when trying to create new calculated columns using DAX in Power BI. The error message states, "The model doesn't have a column named 'Column' on table," even though my DAX formula doesn't reference any column named "Column."

As a workaround, I initially create the new column with a string value before applying the actual DAX formula I intend to use. This method has had mixed results.

Has anyone else experienced this specific issue or is it known to be a common bug within Power BI Desktop?

I appreciate any insights or solutions you can provide!

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JaSpz ,

Base on your description, it seems that you got some error message when you created a calculated column. It indicates that there is no column named "Column" in your table. Could you please provide the formula of that calculated column and some raw data in the table (exclude sensitive data) with Text format It would be helpful to find out the solution. You can refer the following link to share the required info:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.