Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dpombal
Post Patron
Post Patron

EARLIER with a new measure instead new column

I have this initial data set

initial data.PNG

I require the count of  products  for the previous Existing date.

New measure

Product Count = COUNT('Table'[ProductID])

New Column

PreviousDayValue =
var PreviousDate = CALCULATE( MAX('Table'[Date]); FILTER('Table';  'Table'[Date] < EARLIER('Table'[Date])))
return CALCULATE( [Product Count]; FILTER('Table'; 'Table'[Date] = PreviousDate) )

My problem is that Calculated columns doesn't filter if i add slicers to  my report. Below I add an example with an slicer for product type.

with without slicers.PNG

PrevDay Value only works if I do not use any slicer, how to convert this in a new measure?

powerBI_new_column.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dpombal,

You can modify the measure like below: 

Measure = var PreDate=MAXX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Date]<MAX('Table'[Date])),'Table'[Date])
var tmp=CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[ProductID]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[Date]=PreDate))
var selected=ALLSELECTED('Table'[ProductType])
return
IF(tmp<>BLANK(),tmp,CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[ProductID]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Date]=PreDate && 'Table'[ProductType] in selected)) )

w2.PNGw2.PNG

By the way, as your previous issue is solved based on my previous post. If you have more requirements, please create a new thread and share detail information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dpombal,

You can create a measure below: 

Measure = var PreDate=MAXX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Date]<MAX('Table'[Date])),'Table'[Date])
return CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[ProductID]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[Date]=PreDate)) 

q4.PNGq5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft  your solution is close to work for me , just a little issue

If i add a period slicer with (like below) day 1 of each month is not calculated since it requires data from last day of previous month

Here it is the PBIX https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am7buNMZi-gwi298rItJUbxzPuSU

Table with period column.PNG

PowerBI Report PBIX.PNG

Hi @dpombal,

You can modify the measure like below: 

var tmp=CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[ProductID]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[Date]=PreDate))
var selected=ALLSELECTED('Table'[ProductType])
return
IF(tmp<>BLANK(),tmp,CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[ProductID]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Date]=PreDate && 'Table'[ProductType] in selected)) )

w2.PNGw2.PNG

By the way, as your previous issue is solved based on my previous post. If you have more requirements, please create a new thread and share detail information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft just one final question, If i require more slicers like product type. Is it correct adding it on ALLSELECTED? or which is an aproximate syntax

Measure = var PreDate=MAXX(FILTER(ALL('Table');'Table'[Date]<MAX('Table'[Date]));'Table'[Date])
var tmp=CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[ProductID]);FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table');'Table'[Date]=PreDate))
var selected=ALLSELECTED('Table'[ProductType], 'Table'[Othercol))  
return
IF(tmp<>BLANK();tmp;CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[ProductID]);FILTER(ALL('Table');'Table'[Date]=PreDate && 'Table'[ProductType] in selected)) )

. I don't understand correctly. what you tell me for creating new threads.

dpombal
Post Patron
Post Patron

Here there is a link to PBIX report

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am7buNMZi-gwi2wTE_usJwezZMNE

Hi,

I first created a calendar table using this formula and then created a relationship.  I dragged the date from the calendar table into the visual

=CALENDAR(MIN('Table'[Date]),MAX('Table'[Date]))

I then created the following calculated field formula to compute the previous day producr count

=if(OR(ISBLANK([Product Count]),ISBLANK(CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Date]),DATESBETWEEN('Calendar'[Date],DATE(2017,1,1),MAX('Calendar'[Date])-1)))),BLANK(),CALCULATE([Product Count],DATESBETWEEN('Calendar'[Date],CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Date]),DATESBETWEEN('Calendar'[Date],DATE(2017,1,1),MAX('Calendar'[Date])-1)),CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Date]),DATESBETWEEN('Calendar'[Date],DATE(2017,1,1),MAX('Calendar'[Date])-1)))))

Untitled.pngUntitled1.png

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.