Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Dynamic table by filter

Good afternoon;

I have a problem with generating a filter to a filter according to the value entered in the primes slicer.

Explain:

I have a slicer where I filter the variable "Years" and I have another slicer with the variable Name.

The idea is that when applying the first filter example "year 2018" in the second filter only show me the names that are active in that year or that do not have an inactive date.

filter year2018
numberactiveyear
JuanNo2019
LouisYes
SebastianYes
GloriaNo2017

The result for the second slicer would be Juan, Luis, Sebastian.

If the year selected in the first slicer was 2020 the result in the second slicer would be Luis and Sebastian. Or if it were 2016 it would show all the names.

Try to get the selected year using the VALUES fuintion to capture the selected value and create a table where the comparison with this value is made but it generates error.

The idea is that in the end the second slicer will filter the visualization of a metric.

Thank you for the help you can give me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Syndicate_Admin ;

You could create a flag measure. (ps: you should have other year table as a filter and have no relationship with main table)

vyalanwumsft_0-1647239118777.png

Then create a measure.

flag = IF(MAX('Table'[year])>=MAX('filter'[Year])||MAX('Table'[year])=BLANK(),1,0)

Then apply it into filter.

vyalanwumsft_1-1647239168843.png

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_2-1647239191447.pngvyalanwumsft_3-1647239212305.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Syndicate_Admin ;

So I would like to know whether my method has solved your problem? If not, can you provide more details?

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I don't understand the question. since your option was the one I chose as a solution.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Syndicate_Admin ;

You could create a flag measure. (ps: you should have other year table as a filter and have no relationship with main table)

vyalanwumsft_0-1647239118777.png

Then create a measure.

flag = IF(MAX('Table'[year])>=MAX('filter'[Year])||MAX('Table'[year])=BLANK(),1,0)

Then apply it into filter.

vyalanwumsft_1-1647239168843.png

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_2-1647239191447.pngvyalanwumsft_3-1647239212305.png

Best Regards,

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Good day;

With respect to the year this value is not mandatory and this identifies when the name has ceased to be active, that is, Juan ceased to be active in 2019 and luis and Sebastian are still active for that reason they do not have the variable year completed. That is why if 2019 is selected, you must filter those that have a year higher than 2019 and those that do not have a year, that is, empty.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , first of all do not see year in all the row, That should be there. If nor then use fill up or down in power query

you can create a measure like

calculate(count(Table[Name]), filter(Table, Table[Year] = selectedvalue(Table[Year])))

use that as visual level filter for Name

After analyzing this option although it works, it is time to modify "the equality" of the filter to "greater or equal" and the records that do not have a date have to be filled with an extreme date.

The advantage it has is that you do not have to create a data table of years as suggested to me in the other option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.