Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mohanraj87
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic summary table

Hi All,

I have unique requirement in creating a summarized table that should be shown as a matrix or table view based on the selections used in the filters. I have explained the scenario in the below screenshot as what the output should look. Kindly provide the suggestion, feedback and solution to the problem.

Mohanraj87_0-1708859250042.png

Regards,

Mohanraj

6 REPLIES 6
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mohanraj87 

Can you please post a sample data that isn't an image?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Attached the same data as requested. @danextian 

ProjectProjectIDCategoryDivison NameRevisionAttributeValue
P1234WallStructureR1DescriptionConcreate
P1234WallStructureR2DescriptionWood
P1234WallStructureR3DescriptionWood
P1234BeamStructureR1TagB123
P1234BeamStructureR2TagB124
P3344RoofDesignR1SupplierJimm
P3344RoofDesignR2SupplierJimm
P3344RoofDesignR3SupplierHarry
P2500WallStructureR1DescriptionConcreate
P2500WallStructureR2DescriptionWood
P2500WallStructureR3DescriptionWood

Hi @Mohanraj87 

I am trying to wrap my head around your use case but I'm having a hard time  doing so.

Please correct my understanding. For 234:

• R1 is in the sample output but not R2 because your first filter is the rows you want to show and to be compared against the second fitler. If the value is different, then then value should return modified and if the same value?
  • What if slicer 1 is R2 and slicer 2 is R1? What if R1 and then R3?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Hi @danextian,
1. If in both the filters the values are seleted as same like "R1" in Version 1 and "R1" in version 2, then the counts will be 0 as there is no change. If "R2" in Version 1 and "R1" in version 2 & vise versa is seleted then the elements which has difference should be counted.

2. Same condition as I have explained above between the the version 1 and version 2 selection it should check how many attributed got changed and should be counted.

Hope this helps.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Why would you include the revision column in the output?  And, rather than stating "Modified"  I would list the actual before and after values.

Yes. I agree with you @lbendlin  that "Revision" column is not required. But, the "Modified" value is the business requirement. But, your logic is correct. Let me know if there is way to build the summary table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.