Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

andy808
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic Hyper URL link to page within report is failing to return data randomly - why?

I have a Project page with a list of projects and these projects have hyper URL links to go to a Project Summary page (for that specific Project) and then a button to return back to the Project List page. It works but not consistently. I can go back and forth between pages but randomly the Project List link fails (url takes me to Summary page but it is BLANK/No data) and I cannot figure out why.

My steps:

Step 1

I have a calculated column which I use in a table:

"https://app.powerbixxx.xx/groups/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/reports/yyyyyyyyyyyyyy/ReportSection17a68d67066d7025d..."
&
"?filter=Projects/ProjectName eq "
&
"'" & [ProjectName] & "'"

I added this column to the Project column:

andy808_1-1701791237002.png

I changed the link to "uncategorized" so now user can click on any project and it goes to Project Summary page

andy808_0-1701791170706.png

Step 2

I then created a Go Back Button on Project Summary page to go back to Project page. I created another URL column:

"https://app.powerbixxx.xx/groups/xxxxx/reports/yyyyy/ReportSection3552d581506ea0ce2590"

I click on the Project List link a few times, go back and forth between pages and it works until it doesnt -> it goes to the Project Summary page BUT there is NO DATA and the link to Go Back button is BLANK. 

Any ideas on why this happens and how to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

How is that a dynamic link?

Maybe make it dynamic and add a random query parameter?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.