Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Smetje

Dynamic Conditional Formatting in Power BI Matrix Using Field Parameters

Content:

I'm facing a challenge with conditional formatting in a Power BI matrix. I need to color cells based on matching values from dynamic slicers controlling both rows and columns. The slicers use 'Field Parameters' to allow users to select different data fields for comparison.

Example: If a user selects Regio (eng: region) for both the row and column slicers and the cell intersects at 'Antwerpen' for both, the cell should turn green. But my DAX formula is comparing field names, not values, resulting in no matches.

How can I reference the actual data values in the slicers to dynamically apply conditional formatting?

You can see in the two card visuals its taking the name of the column but not the value of it.

Smetje_2-1701892357403.png

The measure:

```DAX

m_format_CabineNiveau =

IF( SELECTEDVALUE(SAS Visuals'[SAS Visuals Fields]) = SELECTEDVALUE(ADB Visuals'[MatrixVisual Fields]), "green", IF(AND(COUNT(table[ID]) > 0, SELECTEDVALUE(SAS Visuals'[SAS Visuals Fields]) <> SELECTEDVALUE(ADB Visuals'[MatrixVisual Fields])), "red", "light green" )

```

Normally, the diagonal of a matrix in Power BI should appear green if the row and column values match, as this indicates a match. When the row and column values are identical along the diagonal, such as 'Region A' in both the row and the column, those cells should be colored green to reflect the match.

Kind regards

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.