Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Drillthrough within pages

Hello,

A little background about the requirement:

I have main page with the statistics from where the end user wants the provision of drilling through on a number of pages(8 to be precise). So options are to be given based on selection from two visuals(a map and a table). The user can select one,multiple values from one visual or both.

Now from main page, the user is drilling through to Page1(this works fine). Now from Page 1, the user wants to go to Page 2,keeping intact the filter selection from main page.

The problem here is that there is an additional filter on Page 1 which gets cascaded to Page 2 and hence doesn't show any data that is supposed to be shown

From Main Page --> Page 2(works fine) but the user wants to traverse among pages without having to rest the filter.

Is there any way out I can achieve this?

Thanks for your help in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @PC2790 ,

You can use the report-level filter, which controls the entire report and affects every page.

Refer to:

Add a filter to a report in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yangliu-msft ,

Thanks for your suggestion, however this approach won't work for me as the report containing child Pages- Page 1 & Page 2(in this example) have different page level filter

For example- Page 1 is filtered to show data of only Item1 and Page 2 to show data of only Item 2 .

And hence I don't want to cascade these page level filters when I traverse from Page 1 to Page 2.

Is there any workaround for it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.