Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ddk
Advocate II
Advocate II

Drill through - Go from one detail page to another without going back to the master page?

Hi all,

We can set up a master-detail with drill through, even with multiple detail pages.

A user would then need to do the following:

1. On the MASTER-page: select a record from a table, and drill through to the desired detail page (say "detail A");
  2. On the DETAIL-page, click the back button to go to the MASTER again.
  3. From the (same) selected record in the table, drill through to another DETAIL-page ("detail B").
  4. ...

But what if we want the following behaviour?

1. On the MASTER-page: select a record from a table, and drill through to the desired detail page (say "detail A");
  2. From here ("detail A"), click on a "button" (or something else) to go to another DETAIL-page (eg "detail B") with details from the same previously selected record on the MASTER-page. So without going back to the MASTER-page first.

In fact, we would like to add the orange arrows as functionality (the blue ones are the standard scenario mentioned above):

master_details.jpg

For now, I have not been able to find any solution for this...

Any ideas, tips, solutions...?

Thanks in advance!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ddk
Advocate II
Advocate II

For anyone interested/looking for a solution:

the link below solved my problem, absolutely perfect!

https://jimkeane.co.uk/2021/03/31/double-drillthrough/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pacifist
Helper I
Helper I

is this still not possible to do without the chiclet slicer?!

ddk
Advocate II
Advocate II

For anyone interested/looking for a solution:

the link below solved my problem, absolutely perfect!

https://jimkeane.co.uk/2021/03/31/double-drillthrough/

This was perfect, helped a lot!  The chiclet slicer also solved one of the issues I've been having with filter not resetting to a default value that applies to a new dataset from another slicer!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ddk, we can drill through from any page to any page. As long as the drill contains the columns in the drill though column used in the other page

drillthrough_02

Thanks for answering Amit.

It wouldn't really be a real drill through from "detail A" to "detail B", but rather pure navigation from A to B, with B being a drill through from the MASTER (using the same selection)...

I have added the drill through column on "detail B": it works starting from the MASTER, but not from "detail A"...

Actually, drill through from A to B works, but I need to make a selection again somewhere on page A. I would like to just navigate to B without selection.

Maybe drill through is not the way to go?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.