Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RMDSPC
Frequent Visitor

Display standalone measure in table without clearing existing applied filters

Hi all - this is one of those realities of using measures that I still don't have a handle on. Apologies if there are other questions like this that have been answered, I wasn't sure how to phrase it.

I have a measure that's just the SELECTEDVALUE( ) of a disconnected standalone table, which can be changed using a slicer. All I want to do is display that value in any table without disrupting the various other filter conditions applied to that table. Since the measure itself has no other filters applied, adding it to the table suddenly exposes all records, negating all other filters. I've tried messing around with ALL( ) and other methods, but haven't gotten it to work.

Just to boil it down: all I want is the equivalent behavior of a column ("just show me the value as if it were part of that table") but that I can change using a slicer. I've attached as comprehensive of an example PBIX as I could mock up. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iVJg5HulFYLEkCOXf9v4D_DGJMaf98zV/view?usp=sharing

RMDSPC_0-1701797861160.png

3 REPLIES 3
RMDSPC
Frequent Visitor

Hi @lbendlin - unfortunately, not my choice. Given that it's only used as a reference value for another calculation, I proposed putting it in a card or something similar, but this is an end user request. I agree that it's causing more trouble than it's worth for such a minor "feature"

HI @RMDSPC,

It sounds like you want to achieve historical data effects in a measure. AFAIK, current power bi desktop does not support this affects. perhaps you can submit an idea for this requirement.

Microsoft Power BI ideas

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Why do you need to include that value in the other visuals?  You will create cartesians, with all the negative side effects you mentioned.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.