Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

truch2
Frequent Visitor

Display sliced data in a different chart

Hi. I'm relativley new to powerbi, and have run into an issue I can't seem to solve. The snapshot below shows three columns of data "Company name", "Store name", and "Product sold". I uploaded this to powerbi and made a bar chart that shows "company name" on the x-axis, and "product sold" on the y-axis. Now, I'm only interested in the sales from a handful of companies, so I filted the visual on company name. I also only want to see a subset of "store names", so I put on a page level filter (see screenshot)

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Now, what I'd like to see is which company would add the most sales that I haven't selected. Basically, I want to see the exact same graph with the inverse of my selections. Other solutions I've tried/read about only allow a single selection criteria (multiple are needed, my actual data set has thousands of choices). Generating a new column using the EXCLUDE, IF, AND, did not work. I've uploading a mirror of the data set, unlinked it, and tried creating measures that could do this, but no luck so far. All of the other things I've tried have created columns that don't dynamically update when the slicer is used. Any help would be much apprecaited! Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
DoubleJ
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Thanks for the reply! I've tried a couple of variations on the method you linked to. The issue is with the first measure:

= IF(HASONEFILTER(table[column]), VALUES(table[column]), BLANK())

This produces a scalar result, so if you have two options selected it returns a blank instead of both values. An argument like this would be perfect if there was a "RETURN ALL FILTERED ITEMS" command. 

I've tried creating a new column using that type of argument, but no dice. Basically, I need a way to take the info from a sliced column in one table, and use it to inform the filtering on another table. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.